TAFTA provides a range of support services geared to enabling elderly men and women to live as independent members of the community in their own homes for as long as possible.
- a trusted Mr Fix It to change light bulbs, fix leaky taps, etc
- advice about modifications and equipment, such as ramps and hand rails
- expert advice and assistance to ensure you and your home are safe and secure
- Care Companions to provide socialisation and/or to assist with errands
- rental of equipment, such as walking frames, commodes, etc
- transport, as part of the Care Companion service
- telephonic check ins
- 24/7 emergency response
- walking frames or tripods
- rubber sheeting, air rings and sheepskin bed covers
- bath/shower seats
- back rests
For more information, kindly contact the Intake Social Worker on 031 332-3721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- personal hygiene care and grooming, e.g. washing, bathing, dressing, nail and hair care
- making beds and tidying rooms
- cleaning, dusting and personal laundry
- washing and changing bed linen
- issue of daily medication (only available in TAFTA buildings)
- nursing assessment and procedures, e.g. 'flu injections and wound dressing
Lunches at very affordable prices are also served at the following service centres:
- Anna Conradie Service Centre, South Beach – Tel. 031 337-0163
- Mary Asher Service Centre, CBD – Tel. 031 337-7769
- Primrose Service Centre, Wentworth – Tel. 031 468-5691
- Ray Hulett Service Centre, CBD – Tel 031 304-7440
- Oldfield Service Centre, Bellair – Tel. 031 465-9268
Catering Manager, Ella May, and her team provide around 70 000 meals per month with a diverse menu based on a six week cycle to ensure daily dietary requirements are met.
The unit recently started a commercial venture, Food to Go, which offers six varieties of frozen ready made meals: spaghetti bolognaise, macaroni cheese, vegetable curry, chicken curry, beef potjie and rice, spanish chicken and rice.
We are happy to supply meals to other welfare organisations, children's homes, schools, company canteens, corporate events, etc.
For more information, please contact Cook 'n Care on 031 705-6661 or email email@example.com.
Your social worker will give you confidential guidance and counsel on a range of issues, including:
- Applying for the Government Old Age Pension
- Budgeting and management of finances
- Obtaining material help, in the form of clothing, blankets, food parcels and essential household items
- Accommodation available for older persons in and around Durban, including frail care and assisted living
- Services available to help alleviate loneliness – in some cases a weekly telephone call or perhaps a volunteer to call on a friendly visit
- Information about TAFTA's service centres, social clubs and support groups
- Home Based Care Service and/or Meals on Wheels
- Referring you to other organisations in Durban that may also be able to assist
- Dealing and coping with loss and bereavement